If you are a global student who has completed a program in Canada and is interested in applying for Permanent Residency, you may be contemplating: What are the most advantageous provincial immigration schemes for international students?
We have assembled a roster of certain provinces with noteworthy immigration advantages for international students!
In this article, we'll explore some of the provinces providing immigration benefits to international students.
When embarking on your educational journey in Canada, it's crucial to consider various factors in selecting your study destination. Which institutions are top-notch? Which programs offer the best career prospects? Ensure thorough research before settling on a province!
Remaining in Canada after your studies After spending a few years studying in Canada, many international students develop an affinity for the country and aspire to settle permanently.
Fortunately, Canada encourages the retention of international students, offering a range of immigration pathways.
Most Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) targeting international students necessitate a valid post-graduation work permit.
Students from accredited institutions, completing a program of at least one year, are eligible to apply for this permit after graduation.
However, it's crucial to note that there's a 90-day window to apply for the post-graduation work permit after graduating. With the post-graduation work permit, you gain eligibility to live and work anywhere in Canada, presenting a significant advantage.
Now, let's delve into the provinces that are well-suited for permanent immigration
. Prominent Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) A Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is a provincially managed immigration initiative, allowing a province to nominate a foreign national for Canadian permanent residence.
Each province tailors its PNPs to address unique economic and demographic needs.
Here are PNPs from some provinces catering to international students who completed their studies within that province:
- Eligibility: Completion of a post-secondary educational credential in Manitoba, with the program being at least one year in length and completed within the last three years.
- Requirement: A full-time job offer from an eligible Manitoba employer in an in-demand occupation.
- Eligibility: Completion of a master's or doctoral degree at an eligible institution in British Columbia.
- Advantage: No job offer required for application.
- Eligibility: Completion of a master's or doctoral degree at an eligible institution in Ontario. - Application Process: Submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI) profile to Ontario's candidate pool for potential nomination.
- Eligibility: Recent graduates completing a qualifying program of at least 2 years in one of the Atlantic provinces.
- Requirement: A job offer in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, or Newfoundland and Labrador.
To assess your eligibility for studying in Canada and discover the most suitable program, complete our free student assessment, One of our Counselors will reach out to discuss your options!